The Polana Camp was established in 1960. Polana Camp is owned and managed by Polish Association in Melbourne Inc.
The Polish Association in Melbourne Inc. was established in 1949 in Melbourne with its first meeting places being in the homes of the Association's members. It provided a venue for cultural and social activities for its members and their families.
In 1960 three members ( Mr Wladyslaw Czarkowski, Mr Adam Gruszka and Mr Henryk Pienkos) purchased some land 3 kilometers south of Healesville. This site was named "Polana" and youth camp was established. It consists of 11 acres of land, approximately 7 acres is bushland.
The land was sold to the Polish Association in Melbourne Inc. at purchase cost some years later.
The association established Polana Camp as non-profit organization for conducting Summer camps for children and for the nurturing and enhancement of the Polish language and cultural activities for people of Polish heritage in Australia.
A number of buildings were constructed by volunteer labour and mainly from donated materials. Currently there is accommodation for 78 participants, a caretaker's residence, a kitchen and dining hall, an administration office, a recreational hall and three toilet/bathroom facilities. The camp facilities are used regularly by other groups, associations, organizations, choirs, sporting clubs, private functions etc.
This web site is powered by Digital Pacific Web Hosting and was built using our free sitebuilder. Web Hosting Australia.